Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sleeping In

I'm a night owl and for the most part never go to bed before midnight and during the work week that means I'm always a bit sleep deprived. So when my days off come around, such as this morning, I would really love to sleep in until some late, luxurious time like 10am.

I have canine alarm clocks though, and instead my morning is more like repeatedly hitting a snooze alarm until I'm finally so annoyed that I get out of bed. Tilly refuses to sleep past 7:15 so Troy takes her downstairs in the morning so I don't have to get up with her. 

Frodo is never a problem since he likes to sleep in more than I do. We usually don't see him in the morning until he hears the chime of stainless steel dog bowls being set on the table to be filled for breakfast. He might peek out to see what the commotion is about but then he burrows back under to finish his beauty rest. 

Langley gets a 5 am run in the morning and so he is content to sleep until he decides that he can wait no longer for breakfast - about 9:30am. 

But Hobbs, he is my little snooze alarm. While he will let me sleep until about 8 am, after that he'll let me know that he would really, REALLY, like to get up and head outside for his morning potty break with a sigh and a sad little howl every few minutes. Luckily it is so incredibly plaintive and cute that I always give in by the second reminder.

Hobbs will be heading home tomorrow morning and I will miss my non-demanding little snooze button but next week on my days off I just might get to sleep in until 9. You never know. Miracles do happen.

No comments: