Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Light Fostering Week

Hobbs is heading home today and it will be another week until our new foster dogs arrive. We're looking forward to being light on dogs for awhile. While I love my fosters, it's nice to have a break every once in awhile.


I am hoping that with the extra time I'll be able to focus more on Langley and work with him on getting out in public more. He really needs practice with this daily but it's easy to get too busy and fall into a habit of just doing a bit of work on tricks and basic manners and impulse control stuff at home.
Playing games with the "touch" cue

"Shake"

He's such a great dog and deserves to be someones focus but he's landed in a place where he's one of 4-5 dogs most of the time. Don't get me wrong, he's happy and he's actually is pretty relaxed for the most part at home. And he's made incredible strides from where he was last summer. It just feels like in our environment he's reached a plateau and I want his growth to continue.
Falling into compulsive mode and watching for birds at the neighbor's bird feeder


These photos were taken yesterday when he and I spent some time alone on the deck practicing at ignoring the birds. He was patient with me taking so many photos but we both wished that I could just drop the lead and he could tear around and enjoy himself without his brain getting stuck on the birds.

No comments: