Monday, May 12, 2014

Fetch

LOVES playing with balls. Squeaky or not, squishy or hard - he doesn't care. He has a weird way of playing fetch though. As soon as he sees you with a ball in your hand, he perks up and goes on alert, crouching and ready to take off.

After I throw the ball he tears off and gets it but then he gets very matter of fact about making sure to take the ball somewhere away from me so I am not so careless about just tossing it around. He will then set it there and go back to what he is doing. Sometimes he will see me coming and decide he needs to move it again but eventually I get the ball and the whole thing starts again.


Right after I threw the ball in the video above, Ellsworth went up on the deck and I was distracted and doing something else. When I looked back to see what he was doing, he had found a comfy spot on a chair and this time, had decided to keep the ball safe with him.




None of the other dogs have ever thought to jump up in the lawn chairs and Chima was interested in how he did this.  She stood and looked at him for a bit and then looked underneath the chair and sniffed him. I think she was impressed.

Chima sniffing Ells from under the chair


It was a pretty day and all the dogs enjoyed some much needed sunshine.


No comments: