Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Testing a new treat

The foster dogs get to try out a lot of new toys and it seems that house dog Frodo is often on the losing end of the deal. It's not that I don't want to buy him new things, it's just that he is such a destructive chewer when it comes to new toys there are very few that can withstand his jaws.


So when I decided to try out a new treat at work, I decided it was Frodo's turn for something fun. At work we started carrying a freeze dried tendon that I wanted to try out so I could let customers know how long it would last with a tough chewer. Frodo was on. This was his genre - give it all you got, Frodo my man.


So he set to work and from that I learned that (A) they must be delicious and (B) they last about 5-10 minutes with a tough chewer. Not even close to bully stick level of chew time but still, a nice treat for a dog who likes to work his jaws.

No comments: