Monday, February 25, 2013

My Mind is Blown

I have never before been to a seminar type learning situation where not only has my interest been maintained for the entire 14 some hours of lecture but where I walked away and feel like my whole perspective on a topic has been turned on its side. It was both exciting and overwhelming at the same time.

The seminar was soooooo worth the money. And on top of the lecture being great, I was sitting in this room of 35-40 people and in that crowd were all these incredible trainers and teachers and volunteers. It was like being immersed in this knowledge soup or something. While I could list so many great skills that Kathy has, I think one of her greatest as a teacher was her ablility to use metaphor to help us as humans understand how truly confusing and frustratring we must be to dogs. I thought "oh my GAWD, I never thought about it that way before!!" more times than I could count. But enough gushing about the seminar.

I had this big plan to come home last night and start a post that laid out some of the ideas that really struck home. I mean, it was too exciting not to share. There were a lot ideas that I would love to write about and it probably will take a few posts but I was ready to write the first one and lay out the outline of a couple more but then I walked in the door and realized that my brain cells had endured just about as much thinking/learning as is possible and about all I had energy left to do was eat dinner and drop myself into bed.


So this is a picture of Hobbs that I've probably already used but let's just say this was about what I got done last night. The dogs and I were fed, Hobbs laid on my lap while I checked emails, and then I crawled into bed.

Hopefully though this will pique your interest to read tomorrow's post which I'll make sure to write after work tonight.

No comments: