Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hobbs: Day 1

Because I work all day Saturday, Hobbs had a lazy, relaxing day for most of yesterday. But then I got home. Then he had to deal with pictures and a nail trim and a bath and in his opinion a good day went bad.

He had been wandering around and inspecting things and decided to kick back in his crate on the cushy blanket. Unfortunately,  I chose that time to snap some pictures.

Kicking back in his crate
 
His answer to flash photography...
 
Then he got a delicious dinner and was thinking things were getting good again and out came the nail trimmers. We got one paw done but I could tell he was pretty stressed so we'll save the others for later. But wait, there was more...
 
Now it was bath time for this stinky boy. He was at a "wash, rinse and repeat" level of dirty so unfortunately that made the ordeal even longer. While he didn't enjoy the bath, and attempted a couple of escapes, he was a pretty good sport about it. Especially since we had just met and already I was picking ticks off of what used to be his testicles.
 
Enduring some photos when he just wanted out of that dang tub
 
Waiting to see what I had in store for him next after his shake-dry. Notice he looks a little worried.
 
 
He got all towelled off, spent a few minutes shaking and tearing around, and then he was cold so he decided to head back into his crate for some snooze time. Of course, then I was back in his face with the camera.
 
He was all comfy but then I was there with that camera
 

So he solved that problem.
 
Checking to see if the mean bath lady was still there
 
Now that we have all that annoying hygiene stuff out of the way I'm hoping that his second day here will be a little more relaxing and fun.
 

No comments: