Thursday, March 24, 2016

Play!

Sal decided she was ready to play today and Tate was more than ready!


Of course it can be a little scary for a 6 pound puppy to have an 18 pound dog chasing them so she was smart and engaged play from under the couch where Sal won't go. While she was a bit nervous during the play, she kept engaging  Sal so I let it continue. Once Sal seemed to be getting too intense I stepped in and had everyone take a break.


Chima tried playing too but was a bit unsure of this little snapping, barking creature. She chose to step away this time because she was feeling uncomfortable.


There is a fine line between play behavior and stalking/hunting type behavior and my two big girls are very prey driven. So I am very careful when they play with puppies to make sure everyone is having fun and that Chima and Sal aren't too worked up. I want things to stay safe and fun for everyone.

No comments: