Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Dental Day for Obi

At Obi's vet visit our vet confirmed what I had guessed - he was in need of a teeth cleaning and possibly extractions. 

Before - right side

Before - left side


The first available appointment they had was April 1st. Since Obi has an adopter interested in him, I really didn't want to wait that long. The other option would be to take him to the discount vet but I have not been happy with their handling of fearful dogs. The staff and my vet at Browns Point Veterinary Clinic are all very good at reading dogs' body language and give them the time and space to relax a bit instead of forcing things on them. Since I am wanting Obi to learn that handling by other people doesn't have to be scary it was worth it to me to wait and take him to a place that will respect him and try to ease his anxiety. 

This morning I got a call from the clinic that they had a no-show and if I hadn't fed Obi yet they could get him in that day. Nice to get bumped to the top of the wait list. It pays to be nice to the front desk staff at your vet office. Luckily I hadn't fed the dogs yet so Obi and I jumped in the car and off he went to the vet. 

Poor guy couldn't believe his bad luck to have to go on a car trip again. He did great though and seemed more relaxed with the vet techs this morning than he had been at his previous exam. 

After - right side

After - left side


He's home resting now with clean white teeth and a bit of a hangover. He just needed one extraction but it was a molar so he is definitely needing the pain meds he came home with. 


1 comment:

PaddyAnne said...

Good Work! It DOES pay to be nice to the front desk :)