Saturday, June 7, 2014

New Bed in the House

When something is new in the house, the dogs all have to check it out. I had brought home a pallet from work after I saw this cool project using pallet wood to make a dog bed. When I set to work, the dogs watched through the baby gate into the garage as I built it.

New bed, waiting for its wheels and cushion

At first they weren't sure what it was for. Everyone sniffed it trying to decide why the wooden box was in the rec room. Chima thought that maybe this was a "101 things to do with a box" kind of game and stepped into it, seeing if that would get the clicker going and the treats flowing. It got her a laugh at least.

Frodo giving it a good sniffdown

Chima playing "101 things to do with a box"

I finally got the casters added and stuffed a Molly Mutt cushion to make it nice and cozy. Then Chima used it as a hurdle for awhile as her and Ellsworth played a game of chase. After that she used it as a perch to supervise the other dogs from on high.

Queen Chima on her throne

Ellsworth, trying it out

Finally though, Ellsworth got the idea and he and his football had a nap.

Our new finished bed

It was a fun project so today I brought home another pallet. This time I think I might make a long narrow one that fits two Molly Mutt cushions and use it outside on the deck. As much as they love to sunbathe I think that one will be a hit this summer.

No comments: