Saturday, December 7, 2013

Santa Delivers to the Northwest NR Foster Dogs

One of the distributors that the store I work at buys pet products from delivered two pallets with over $16,000 retail worth of Kong toys on them for local rescue dogs to the store where I work. There were 6 boxes worth of Kong toys for our Washington and Oregon foster dogs that included tugs, squeaky toys, food dispensing toys, and more. Our haul would have put us out oaver $1500 at a retail store. Pretty snazzy!
Frodo was busy sniffing all the boxes as I loaded them inside the house

I had the fun job of dividing the toys up for the various foster homes and while the dogs were all gated on the dog side of the rec room, I sorted out the piles of toys on the other side. When I looked over as I sorted, this is what I saw.
Salinas, Chima and Frodo were VERY interested in the dog toys that I was sorting.

I had to run upstairs to get my camera, and figured they'd be off doing something else by the time I came back with the camera. Nope, they stayed like this for a good 10 minutes.

The girls will have to wait until Christmas for most of their loot. Sacks of toys will be arriving at the various foster homes in the next couple weeks.

1 comment:

Maverick said...

Wow, what a great surprise-they look ready for a kong!