Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Monkeyin' around

Along with being incredibly adorable puppies possess the power to make anyone laugh. I mean, it's just about impossible to stay irritated. The puppies pull a pee pad into their crate and shred it, and I chuckle, but 11 yr old Tilly does the same thing and I grump at her.  It's like pups have a license to be naughty.

A lot of yesterday when I wasn't at work was spent cleaning up after Langley who is sick with an intestinal infection and producing a LOT of poop.  When I wasn't cleaning him, his crate, and myself up, I was taking dogs out on leash or cleaning up after the puppies or trying to figure out a way to get Langley to stop panicking about the poop, and thus causing himself to poop even more. As you can imagine I was not in a good mood. The house smelled horrific, the dogs were loud, and I just wanted to either crawl into bed and collapse or go punch something. But then something happened.

It was the puppies turn for attention so I put Langley in a crate downstairs, sanitized myself, and got the puppies out for their turn to tear around the living room and wear themselves out.

And then the day magically got better. It's impossible to focus on how irritated you are when a puppy is running around and making their oh-so-funny puppy grunts and squeals. And before you know it you forget why you were even mad and join in the wrestling match. Puppy therapy. It's a great thing. Even if it does come hand in hand with a lot of chewed up things and potty accidents.

No comments: