Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And the 2013 name theme is...

Each year we choose a theme for the names of our foster dogs and throughout 2012 we used names of the places, flora and fauna of Washington State. Now that it's 2013 though, we have a new theme and that will be a State of New Mexico theme.

The Sandias
Why New Mexico? Well, our son is currently in his freshman year at the University of New Mexico and my husband has been lobbying for a New Mexico theme since early 2012.  For a long time I said "absolutely not!" My complaint was that people already mistook Rat Terriers for Chihuahua's enough without giving them Hispanic sounding names. Troy countered with a lecture on the native peoples of New Mexico and the rich history of the Pueblos.  When that swayed me but still didn't convince me he then emailed a long list of potential names to me to prove that there were a lot of great ones to choose from.  That finally did the trick.  So stay tuned for some names this year inspired by the heritage, places, flora and fauna of New Mexico!




No comments: