Monday, December 17, 2012

Wrestling and Racing: Salish Settles In

Sorry if all the wrestling posts are getting a bit boring, but I personally can't get enough of watching the dogs wrestle and play so politely. Since I've had my share of socially inept foster dogs, when I have a batch that get along well I can't wipe the grin off my face.


Salish has settled into life in the suburbs without missing a beat.  Her and the other foster dogs, Langley and Apple, have been enjoying three way wrestling matches and terrier races which are hilarious.  Like Langley, Salish is a silent wrestler, but Apple (perhaps to make up for her tiny size) loves to growl and trash talk when she joins in, as you can hear in the first video.

I still closely supervise play sessions since the size difference between Apple and Salish is so great, however, they seem to be doing fine together. I get worried that someone will squish Apple when they wrestle but she's a tough little broad and definitely holds her own during playtime. In fact, sometimes Langley, who is 3 times her size, gets a bit overwhelmed by her tough 'tude during wrestling matches.


Both girls have good applicants interested in them so I'm guessing their play dates are numbered.  They are making the most of their time together though with lots of wrestling, racing, and the occasional nap thrown in.

No comments: