Thursday, October 11, 2012

Stuffies: to die or not to die, that is the question

Since I work at a pet supply store my dogs tend to get to test every new toy that comes out or starts being carried by one of our distributors.  Our dog toy basket is overflowing with fun, and the dogs of course are completely blase about their good fortune. 

When I head to the wholesale warehouse for a will call order I always wander the aisles, checking out what's new.  Invariably there will be some new, incredibly cute line of stuffed animals and I let out a deep sigh because stuffed toys do not enter this home.  House terrier Frodo is 10 pounds of teeth and it's just like letting him eat cash (which he's done before).

Typically I soothe my craving for cute stuffed dog toys by buying them for a friend's foster terriers who for some reason always respect the stuffie, at least for a week or so. 

However, I've been watching Langley with his food toys and rubber squeaky toys and unlike Frodo, he prefers to toss toys in the air and chase them around to tearing them open and killing the squeak.  So today when I went to the warehouse to restock my freezer with raw food, I decided to take a chance and buy a couple of the GoDog stuffed toys that I love but can never bring home for my dogs.  Would they be quickly eviscerated or would they instead survive to endure endless death shakes?  That was the big question.

As I guessed, Langley did great.  He tossed his new bunny around, took it through several rounds of death shakes, and then threw it some more.  In this video you see him getting the bunny for the first time.  And for those of you feeling sorry for Frodo, who watches all the frolicking with a sad neglected look from the other side of the fence, he was given a roasted beef kneecap so he doesn't deserve any of your pity.

No comments: