Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crated in Crazy Town

Samish performing his well practiced, wide-eyed, pleading look
The adage that the squeaky wheel gets the grease is definitely true at our house.

After breakfast, which the foster dogs each eat in their crates, are very loud times at our house.  Yesterday was no different: Langley alternated baying with staccato demand barking.  Frodo yipped like the yippy-yapper that he is, and Tilly barked her odd little "hard livin' smoker's bark" from the kitchen.  Everyone wanted out and they wanted out NOW!!! 

Of course in hindsight I see how well they have trained me, but I had a headache and so scurried around, letting dogs out to the back yard for their after breakfast potty break and squirrel terrorizing time.  I ran back inside, poured a second cup of coffee and then was ready to run back over when the 3 of them were barking loudly at the door to be let back in.

So do you see what is missing from this picture (other than my backbone)?  SAMISH!!! When I let the 3 dogs in I panicked.  Where was Samish?  Was he behind the shed flushing out mice again?  Under the deck looking for something gross?  Nope.  Samish was quietly and patiently sitting in his crate, not making a peep, waiting for me to let him out.  He stared at me, wide-eyed and quivering, much like the look in the photo above, hoping that it was his turn to go outside and play. The poor boy was just not rude and ill mannered enough to get attention so I had forgotten him.

I'm sure there are some huge lessons here that I should be taking to heart but I'll have to do that later because the dogs are barking at me to let them out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey hey, nice manners lil guy. Congrats!!!!!

Unknown said...

hey hey, nice manners lil guy. Congrats!!!!!