Friday, December 5, 2008

A quick update

I've been super busy this week, but I wanted to give a quick update on Bess (now called Suki here since that is the name her new family has chosen for her.

She had her second heartworm treatment shot on the 3rd and unfortunately had a reaction to it. There was a lot of swelling and it was quite painful, however, an anti-inflammatory quickly solved the problem and she was back to normal. She doesn't seem as knocked out as she did with the last shot and isn't at all happy about being kept kenneled again now for so much of the time. We are using a mild tranquilizer to keep her calm, but it doesn't work as well as I wish it would.

In 4 weeks she'll be back at the vet's for a final test to make sure she is heartworm free and assuming all is well, she'll be heading to her new home in early January. I'm happy because she will be living a couple miles from my house so I'll get to visit her and hear about how she's doing.

No comments: