Friday, August 1, 2008

Gus will soon be going home!

Here's a great story for you. A lady who was going in to have a nail fixed at the salon wasn't able to get a parking spot in her usual place and parked in front of the little pet store next door instead. There in the window was a photo of a dog who looked just like her elderly dog who her and her husband had to put down 2 years ago. The pet "boutique" is wonderful with rescue groups and is great about posting the flyers that I bring in about my foster dogs right up front in the window. The lady was looking at our little Gus' flyer.

She talked to the ladies at the pet store and asked about Gus. They said they'd call me while she was next door and get more information. Well, the store is just over a mile from my house so I grabbed Gus and off we went to introduce him. It was love at first sight - of course it was because this little furry guy is sooooooo sweet. We made arrangements for me to bring Gus over to their house that evening and introduce him to her husband.

The placement was everthing I'd hoped for Gus: a retired couple so he'll always have someone around to love on him, no young children (Gus gets startled and frightened if picked up too quickly and might nip), and no big dogs in the house (in his heart Gus believes he is a 100# rotweiler and he likes to challenge large dogs.... and mules - read the last post). He will have a beautiful little fenced yard with squirrels to chase and bushes to pee on, and he'll have people who are dog-nutty (and I mean that as a great compliment) to dote on him. And the best thing? The best thing is that he's less than 2 miles from us so we can visit him and see how he's taking to the good life of being a spoiled only dog.

2 comments:

House of the Discarded said...

I'm the daughter of Gus's new family! Gus has NO idea how lucky he is to be going to this couple. :) Just got off the phone with Mom and Dad and they're beaming at how much they love him already.

I only wish they had spoiled me as much as they're going to spoil Gus. :)

Congratulations on another happy ending! Keep up the good work.

Hikenutty said...

Oh, I know he is VERY lucky. He's already got them wrapped around his little paw and is busy getting them trained to do things the "Bud way"!