Monday, August 18, 2008

A Classical Canine

We discoved the other day that one of our current foster dogs, Tilly, a puppymill girl who is an emotional wreck, loves Bach's Cello Suites. I had the sliding glass door open so the dogs could run in and out and realized I hadn't seen Tilly around for awhile. I went outside and she was down lying on the patio against the sliding glass door, right next to where my son was practicing cello in the basement. I figured it was just a quirk but as soon as he finished practicing she came inside and hid in her crate. He practiced again about an hour later and back out she went, down to the patio next to where he practiced and stayed there until he was done.

I think she has great taste - I have always found Bach's first cello suite to be one of the most soul-soothing pieces of music that exists, and lord knows that Tilly needs a LOT of soul soothing. In this photo you can see Tilly stretched out for her daily concert. Since he practices 3-4 hours a day, she's getting plenty of music time.

No comments: