Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Gorky's First Puzzle

Because my dogs (and foster dogs) eat a mix of wet and dry, I don't pull out the food puzzles that often but I really should. Puzzles are a great way to put a dog's brain to work in a very positive way. For shy dogs as long as you start easy it is a great confidence booster since it is self rewarding to them and the person can be at a distance so they can turn off the anxiety for a bit and just enjoy themselves.

Gorky isn't a shy guy but he likes to keep busy and he really seemed to love the experience. His breakfast was served in "The Green". This is the large version but they make a smaller version that is better for small dogs. I just bought all my food puzzles before they came out with the smaller sizes, unfortunately.


Because I have about 10 plus different food puzzles, Gorky will have a lot more to try out in the future.

No comments: