Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Abo and the Furballz

I have discovered that Abo LOVES plush toys and unlike the other 4 terriers residing in this house he does not destroy them. At least he hasn't yet.

Like all good terriers he likes to give them a little death shake every once in awhile but he mostly likes to kind of gum at them and hold them in his mouth.

There's a big fluffy snowman toy in the kitchen right now that for some reason Tilly is above destroying and Abo likes to take that into the dog bed for company so I thought I'd see his reaction to the Go Dog Furballz toy that I bought a few weeks ago. Chima and Salinas love it but tend to pluck and eat its fur so they only get it on occasion when well supervised.

Abo, checking out this new and wonderful fuzzy thing

Clamping down and enjoying a good fluffy chew

It was definitely a big hit with Abo! After shaking it a bit he laid down to chew on it and was a bit disturbed that Chima was sitting so closely and making it obvious that she really wanted the toy.

This is how Chima lets other dogs know that she would like a turn

Abo clamped down his mouth on the Furball and laid there, daring her to make her move. Chima's smart though so she just waited.  And waited.  And waited some more. I could have taken video of this but the video would have looked exactly like the photos. No one was moving and no one was backing down. (disclaimer: if I hadn't known Chima as well as I do I would never have let this happen because it could have ended in a fight. Because I know she just waits and does not bully and that Abo was not growling or throwing stressy body language I let them hold their stand off.)

When Abo moved to the couch, she followed and continued to attempt to out wait his insterest in the Furballz

It was a long wait and Abo ended up winning this round of peaceful (barely) protest

Ends up that Abo fell asleep with it clamped in his jaw. I was sitting on the couch making sure that Chima and him didn't start fighting and heard this weird snuffle sound. Ends up it was the fur blocking his nose a bit and making him snore.

Abo, snoozing with his prize

When I finally did get the Furball away from him there  was a permanent, crusty mohawk where Abo had held onto it for so long. Looks like I'm going to have to pick one up for him so he can take one home when he is adopted.

No comments: