Monday, September 24, 2012

It's all fun and games...


Langley received a very nice gift of $50 earmarked to purchase him some new puzzle toys and bully sticks to keep his very smart mind busy.  (Thank you!) So at work today, an indie natural pet food store, I picked up 3 new food dispensing puzzles and 2 of the mega sized bully sticks that I can saw into thirds for him and end up with 6 sticks.

There are tons of different types and brands of puzzles out there but what I like to use with Langley are the type that he can push around the living room.  This gives him time out of the crate that is structured and focused, but also that allows me to get work done on the computer in the same room as him.  I've been trying to regularly buy him new ones because he's so smart and quickly figures things out and gets bored.  My hope is that rotating them through will keep him engaged.

In this video he's playing for the first time with a Buster Cube by Jolly Pet. Other toys that fall in this category of puzzles that I like to use are the Kong Wobbler, the Petmate Magic Mushroom, Canine Genius, The Petmate Barnacle, the Omega Treat Ball, and for non-destructive chewers the Starmark Treat Dispensing Balls are nice... 

Typically I would have bought the larger Buster Cube with him to make it more difficult, but this toy is going to be specifically used to leave with him in his crate while I work so we needed the smaller version.

So thanks for the toys and bullies! He is busy with his Buster Cube right now which is giving me time to write this post.

No comments: