Monday, April 12, 2010

Almost time for the Jamboree!

Only a few days left until Rat Terrier Jamboree time and I'm SOOOO excited. Even the nasty overnight plane ride that I'll have to take to get there Thursday morning isn't getting me down. It's all part of the adventure.

Little Vivi (see her pics on Flickr) will be catching a ride home with me from the Jamboree. I wasn't going to take in anymore fosters until we are back from our vacation but since Vivi is a young pup she will be adopted long before we leave. Vivi (named after a character in the book "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood") is a sweet little 10 week old girl who started out her life in a puppymill and from there ended up in a pet store. She was purchased from the store by someone who hadn't done their homework because when baby Vivi wasn't immediately house trained she was dropped off at an animal shelter. The shelter employee told the owner that they should probably stick to stuffed animals in the future if they didn't want to deal with dog pee.

The shelter notified New Rattitude and she was pulled by the Indiana state coordinator who is temporarily fostering her until Jamboree. I will take delivery of little Viv at the Jamboree and happily this year I will actually have a rat terrier with me and not be the "lady without a dog".

The photo above is from last year's Jamboree. Newman the dog is discussing the merits of the cow vs. the dog bottle buddy toy with his mom at the New Rattitude ReTail booth. I'll be working the booth again this year so stop by and say hi. For more photos of last years event and to see day by day photos posted of this years event while it happens, check out the SE Rat Terrier Jamboree Website.

No comments: