Thursday, November 13, 2008

Goodbye, Izzy

Izzy's application was approved and so we were just waiting on the contract/fee and decided that she should go stay with Kathy for the last couple days so she'll have a bit more freedom than she has here, thanks to Bess' heartworm treatment. For some reason ever since Bess started heartworm treatment the girls, who had been inseparable buddies, hated each other and would try to tear each other apart if they even got close to each other. It was extremely strange, especially for two very friendly dogs.

Anyhow, Kathy has a couple foster puppies at her house so Izzy will get to play with them in one of those giant crates that Kathy has (more like a small room) instead of being cooped up alone, like she has been here. I took her to work with me yesterday and Kathy picked her up there. Since it was slow, I let her wander the store and it was very cute to watch.

She has been one of the most difficult fosters for me to let go. I'm not sure why, but I think it is something about her friendly personality. When she was at the pet store with me, she was positive that each person approaching the counter had come expressly to see her and would strain to escape the front pack I had her in. I would lift her out and she would attack the customer with kisses like they were her long lost family and of course this helped with donations to the "help pay for Izzy's surgery" jar on the counter. :) So, I kissed Izzy, gave her a bunch of hugs and then said goodbye to my girl so I could help the next customer. When he asked about where she was going, I explained her story with tears rolling down my cheeks. It was embarrassing, but the poor guy felt so bad that he shoved a five dollar bill in Izzy's donation jar, so at least my humiliation paid a bit.

Here are some photos I took of her that morning in the store as she wandered around. For all her good traits, she is quite the little shoplifter!



Stealing bully sticks



Stealing cat toys



Trying on coats



Shopping for dog food

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw this and I know that you are sad to see Izzy go. My heart would be breaking. But, I'm so glad that she has a furever home and I hope that she handled the traveling well.