Thursday, September 25, 2008

Goobers, goobers and more goobers

Yesterday was the day o' goobers and grossness. I'm talking pus and poop and boogers out of every doggy orifice. I took a shower twice and changed my clothes three times and still found dog boogers on my sleeve when I was getting ready for bed in the evening.

As you read in the last post, Izzy has a runny nose and with every sniff she sprays wet booger juice. Gross? Yeah, tell me about it. So that was still going on. Then, she pooped on the kitchen floor. "At least it wasn't on the carpet" I was thinking as I cleaned up. At the same time, Tilly was in the living room, ON THE CARPET, pooping. Exasperated, I got the Spot-bot (a necessary tool for any foster family) out to steam the spot before we headed to the dog park.

At the dog park I took Tilly out of her crate in the back and she submission peed in her bed. She had also puked in the crate on the drive over. Wonderful. :I Then, Frodo stepped in poop and also rolled in something dead and rotting. While Frodo worked up his stink, I was looking at Tilly's paw and noticed she had these large bumps on the side, they looked a little like infected slivers. After a little prodding, "pop" out came a pussy sliver on my hand. By this time I was trying not to retch.

We got home, cleaned Frodo up, started up the laundry to wash Tilly's bed and blankets and then went to get Izzy to take her outside. Too late. Poor Izzy had peed in her crate and then sat in the pee. More bed washing. More dog washing. Once you throw in the eye goobers from Tilly and Izzy, you've got one big mix of dog grossness.

Of course, cute little Izzy licked my face as I washed her off. Frodo did a hilarious dance of joy at his discovery of the putrid "cologne" and Tilly stood on her hind legs and danced in front of me, trying to get a few pets and looking completely adoreable. They all reminded me that sometimes you have to put up with a few goobers to see what's really important.

No comments: