Monday, September 29, 2008

Do you see your dog?

New Rattitude is working on putting together a small store on Etsy.com of art and craft creations made by the group members and donated to raise money for the rescue and vetting of more ratties. I'll be making 5x7 cards that feature photos of different rat terriers that I have fostered (and our dog Frodo, of course.) I put together the most professional shots of the dogs that I had and came up with a very nice set of cards. There are 8 blank, ivory cards in the set featuring photos of 5 different dogs: Suki, Pepper, Sprocket, Tilly, and Frodo. If your dog isn't in the set, it's not because I don't think they are beautiful, it's just that I didn't get a good enough photo of them. I'm also thinking about doing some Christmas cards featuring a cute photo I have of Frodo in a red collar (like Santa's reindeer wear) with bells. Let me know if you're interested.

Since the Etsy store isn't up and running, New Rattitude decided to start selling the cards directly. It's $15 for a set of 8 cards and $3 for shipping, however if you are nearby we can arrange for you to pick up the cards or to meet somewhere. Of that $15, $4 goes to pay for the cost of the materials and $11 will go to New Rattitude. To buy them either go to Paypal and pay the money to fundraising@newrattitude.org or send a check to New Rattitude, P.O. Box 14064; Lansing MI, 48901. Be sure to note that it is payment for the rat terrier cards. Either include your mailing address in the note to the treasurer or E-mail me with the address and I'll send them out as soon as our treasurer notifies me that the payment is received.

They really turned out quite beautiful. They are packaged up with a dog bone gift tag, so they'd make a nice gift as well.

No comments: