Thursday, May 22, 2008

Worms, Worms and more Worms

Frodo and the past fosters haven't had bad infestations of worms, so this is my first time dealing with them. I knew that roundworms were likely a problem thanks to the tell-tale bloating of their tummies so I gave them Strongid-T which I thought would take care of everything. An email from Kathy and more surprises in Nova's poop this morning have let me know that there is work yet to be done. Coccidia and tapeworms may also be an issue.

So we are off to the vet this afternoon for a shot to deal with the tapeworms. I will be glad when this is over because it completely grosses me out. Never the possessor of a strong stomach, I am regularly having gag-fests in the backyard each time they poop.

Otherwise they seem like typical, healthy, roly-poly puppies. We are really enjoying their silly antics and sweet natures and hope to quickly find placements for them.

No comments: