Thursday, April 10, 2008

Waiting......

Not a lot going on here. We are just waiting..... Waiting for Suki to finish her season. Waiting for her mange to heal up enough so she can be spayed. Waiting for the new mange meds to come in the mail.

The mange is actually doing better (knock on wood.) I looked in the Ivermectin bottle and noticed that there were these crystal things at the bottom. I've been shaking the bottle well now before sticking the syringe into it, so maybe that has helped. A more likely reason though is her change in food and all of the supplements that she's getting. I know that within a week her coat was noticeabley silkier. The mange is still there, but the angry redness has subsided to a pink color and she only has a couple of the bumps that I call "mange pimples."

She's doing great with her house training and we're working on the "leave it" command now. She immediately understood this because I've trained her to wait until I say "okay" before she gets to eat the food that I've set down in front of her (we did this to assert to her that we controlled the food, not her).
The photo above is of my sister's dog Phoebe, and Suki (in her doggy diaper complete with pantiliners) longingly watching Frodo, who's outside.

No comments: