Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Suki gets spoiled

Today Suki went with me to our local indie pet store, The Natural Pet Center, and boy did she get pampered. After I picked out some great vitamins to help her heal up from her mange, the owner treated her to a cute little hoodie that says "Spoiled and loving it" - complete with pink rhinestones. Then she clipped her nails for me (phew - I get nervous doing that) and gave her a pigskin knot for being such a good girl. All this after she had an hour of play time at the park. Life is good for little Suki now, and it will only get better.

She was at the vets yesterday and they said hers was the worst case of mange they'd seen in quite awhile. She has her medicine now that she'll be taking for 90 days, I believe, and some salve. He said it will take awhile because she has such a severe case. But I think the love and snuggling and playtime that she's getting are going to help her kick her immune system into overdrive and beat this thing in record time.

We'll keep you updated on her progress. Here's a pic of her in her new hoody with her yummy pigskin chew.

No comments: