Friday, August 5, 2016

The Brave and Dirty Hunter

Like Chima and Sal Seuss is a bit maniacal about his hunting. Get the three of them together and watch out! Because it's not good for dogs to stay amped up in intense prey drive mode for long periods of time I try to limit how long Seuss hunts, however when he's outside with the girls it's guaranteed they are going to go crazy.

Seuss, wondering why I keep calling him to me when there are rodents to be hunted.

We have an unfortunate situation with 2 of our 3 neighbors having lots of brush and crap in their back yard providing rats a place to nest. And when the rats venture into our yard via their passageway under our shed it brings great delight to the large pack of terriers waiting for them in our yard.

The shred, AKA rat passage where the dogs love to dig

I regularly have to do perimeter checks of the fence because all of them will dig to get under the fence if they see a rat scoot under. And their favorite place to dig is under the shed that I worry might completely topple over at some point if the foundation is undermined much more.

The manure bags that Seuss opened to check for rats

Apparently Seuss sniffed the rodents around several bags of steer manure I had stacked near the shed. The result was a very stinky and dirty nosed dog who had the sneezes.

Dirty nosed dog
He's all cleaned up now and I've learned my lesson. I no longer get to run into the house for coffee when the dogs are out hunting.

No comments: