Saturday, April 16, 2016

Selena Send Off

Today was the day that Selena headed east to her foster mom. I think she will be much happier there without a puppy tearing around and bugging her but I do feel bad that she has been shifted around so many times since she first ended up at the shelter. It's a lot for any dog to go through.

While with she seemed a bit depressed and I felt bad for her, always hanging out in the crate and avoiding the puppy. Today as I drove to the spot where I would hand her off for her transport east was the first time since she's been here that I started seeing her little personality. In the car (now with a healthy mouth) she initiated interaction with me and then rolled around on the seat, being silly and having fun. Yay!

It was a relief to see her starting to perk up. Hopefully she'll find her forever home soon and it will be the last time she has to move. With a peaceful, quiet, puppy-free home I think she will be the happy, silly girl she was meant to be.
Relaxing in the car. First time I've seen her so relaxed. 



No comments: