Thursday, November 12, 2015

Threadbare

Many things in this house are threadbare right now: the collar, belly band, and harness that Harrison chewed through, my patience and sanity...

The reason for this is that Harrison is a dog who was born to move. To be happy he needs room to run, leap, hop, bounce, and especially room to pee. Unfortunately because of his fractured fibula, he can do none of those things and he is bored and stir crazy. He has also basically "un-housetrained" himself in a matter of days. In fact, I just had to stop writing this because standing just 3 feet away from me he started to lift his leg - right after a trip outside to pee.

We need help. Not the kind found in a shot glass (which is something else he managed to break, by  the way) but Harrison needs distractions and something to keep his brain and mouth busy.

Along with several short walks to at least get him out emptying his bladder more often I am also adding some frozen Kongs for him. He doesn't last long crated and I need for him to tolerate at least 3-4 hours crated while I work.

Harrison sneaks a lick of the Kongs and bone, all ready to go in the freezer.

Bannanas, kibble and peanut butter and Honest Kitchen with ground rabbit

Tonight I stuffed 4 kongs and a bone with peanut butter, bananas, kibble and a couple with some Honest Kitchen and kibble. They are freezing and tomorrow when I leave for work he'll get his first one. Wish us luck because without some kind of luck there is no way we are going to last the 2-3 weeks of leash time the vet wants.

No comments: