Sunday, July 19, 2015

Getting Ready

When there's a new foster dog coming to the house you have to be prepared so this afternoon I've been busy getting things ready.

First I get a file folder going with a form to log all her vet info and care info on and to hold her shelter paperwork. I get a collar ready with her New Rattitude ID tag and microchip tag on it.

Crate's all ready

Then I clean out the crate that I used for foster dogs, put in fresh blankets and some toys.

Bath station all ready

Next I get the bathroom ready for her bath. I set up the dog tub on non-skid mats so the dog won't slide around. Then have the shampoo bar and a dog towel at the ready. I also set out the diatomaceous earth, a natural type of flea powder that kills fleas mechanically instead of chemically. Once she dries from her bath we'll need to get the DE on her as well as the Mad About Organics Flea and Tick treatment - an essential oil treatment that I use a flea comb to apply. While she may not come with fleas, Central CA has ticks really bad so the sooner we get treatment going, the better.

Finally I prep the car: a clean crate with fresh towels in the bottom of it, her collar to put on her as soon as she arrives, leash, my treat pouch, poop bags and some water and a water bowl.

King and Lizzy on the road this morning on their transport - very wiggly as they start out their day

Now we just wait for her to get here. We'll be heading out to meet her transport at 4:30pm. Thanks to all the drivers who got her here. I know traffic was bad.


1 comment:

PaddyAnne said...

Again your post reminds me of what an excellent organization New Rattitude and all its Fosters are! The blog posts on each of the dogs, the stories, the explanations, the photos and video's, all serve to help make a good match for both the potential parents AND the dogs who are being fostered :)