Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fall Photo Shoot

In late November each year our Japanese maples drop their leaves in an amazing shower or orange-gold beauty. I hate to rake them up because they are so gorgeous and so they blanket our rock path for a week or so until they start to turn into a gloppy mess.

And because I love them so, I always try to get a photo shoot of the dogs standing in the leaves. The color looks so striking contrasting with their coats, or in Frodo's case, blending with it.

Of course this never goes especially well since the last thing the dogs are interested in when they are outside is sitting still and looking at me, even when I have great treats.

This years session was no different. Chima wanted to hunt under the ferns, Gorky wanted to eat the fern, Sal just wanted to watch the commotion but not look at the camera and Frodo and Tilly just wanted to go inside. "Pleaaaassssse let us go inside."

We did manage a few good shots and a few funny ones. Here are some pictures to document our morning of photographs:

Tilly was the only one who would sit still. Of course, it takes 13 years for a terrier to learn this so the others still have years to go until they master that skill. 

While I made silly noises and jumped up and down to catch their attention, the girls had other interests.

Chima had caught the scent of some critter who had wandered under the fern the night before. 

Of course, everyone had to check it out as I called their names and waved a treat bag in the air.

 I finally got this great shot of Gorky. He was standing still for once.

 Why was he standing still? Because he was busy chewing on one of my ferns.

 Gorky says "sword ferns are delicious".

I took about 15 shots of Sal in this pose, hoping in just one of them she would look up at me to see why I was making the weird noises and give me one of her adorable floppy eared head tilts. Nope.

After all critter trails in the yard had been inspected thoroughly, Chima humored me and let me take a couple pictures of her.

And Frodo finally looked my direction, probably in hopes that it would shut me up and get me to finally put my camera away.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and takes the time to get their dogs out for a stroll through the autumn leaves!

No comments: