Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bed Time!

I use Molly Mutt dog duvets and their waterproof liners in both Salinas and Chima's crates. I love these beds both for the fun fabrics, the affordable price, and the fact that they are so easy to wash.

The washing part is especially important when it comes to Salinas and Chima since those girls love to tear through the flower beds, kicking up dirt in their hunt for notorious Squirrel. Somehow they manage to bring most of that dirt into their beds - I don't know how. I stuff the liners with holey dog blankies and you'd be surprised the volume of blankets that one bed can take. It's a lot of laundry! So by using the liners I can just do my weekly washing of the covers, switching them out with clean ones and then once a month I completely take the bed apart and wash everything.

Yesterday was one of those days and I had piles of blankets thrown in the middle of the floor, ready for restuffing.


Salinas and Chima had other plans for that pile though and so for several minutes I watched and laughed as they rolled around in the blankets. Sal then had the great idea to bring several balls over so then they dug around through the pile, trying to find the balls. Then found they'd toss them back into the pile with their mouth and start all over again.

I think one of the best things our dogs can teach us is to slow down and find the fun in anything - even laundry.

No comments: