Saturday, March 23, 2013

Our First Barkbox Arrived!

Recently a friend on Facebook posted about this cool new thing called the "BarkBox". You subscribe to the program and then each month a box filled with treats and toys is mailed to your house. I thought this sounded like a blast for both me and the dogs so we signed up and today we got our first box.

Here's what it looked like when we opened it.
Looks like some fun stuff

There were 2 bags of treats, a poop bag dispenser/bags, a hemp squeaker bone, and a very cute felted wool mouse


But this is what the dogs really wanted - oooh! wrinkly paper strips!!!
I decided the mouse was way too cute so it got tucked in my little corner where I have all my rescue paperwork. I figure I'll enjoy him for awhile before I let the dogs tear him all to hell.
Cute little wool mouse, hiding from the terriers

As for the squeaky bone, I figured Hobbs should get to try first. We went downstairs with it, just Hobbs and me, but he was having none of it. Once again it was too much pressure and he wanted to climb in my lap instead and steer clear of the blue thing on the carpet. He got some of the new liver treats from the box instead and I took the bone back upstairs.
Hobbs is feeling way too pressured. He wants to know why I'm trying to get him to play with this. Is it a trick? Poor Hobbs.

Zuni didn't need to be asked twice about whether she wanted to play with the bone. Frodo wanted to de-squeak it but Zuni kept a game of keep away going long enough that he just gave up and lurked in the corner, waiting for her to lose intersest.
Rolling around on a dog bed, enjoying a good wrestle with the bone
 


If you are interested in getting a BarkBox subscription of your own you can use this link to get $5 off your subscription - plus if you use the link our foster dogs will get an extra box free! So it's a win for you and win for the foster kiddos. Thanks!
Zuni is making sure that even though she's playing, she's keeping a lookout for Frodo or anyone who might try to steal her toy

No comments: