Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Shopping for Dogs

Every once in awhile I like to drop by "Tuesday Morning", a discount store that sells close-outs, to check out their pet section. Although the place is filled with crap, and I get a little claustrophobic there at times, they often have some great finds - including good deals on dog gear.

I've been needing a new comfy bed for the nighttime foster crate (now occupied by sweet Suki) so I could return some of the gear that the Ratbone state adoption coordinator lent me when we started fostering. I found just the right comfy, cozy bed for only $10 - it has nice stuffed and padded sides, a pillow that fits in the base and it's corduroy so it should wear well. Suki kept going in and out of the crate and laying down, which she rarely does, so I think she approves. In fact, she has been snoozing quietly this morning, which is a rare thing, so it must be pretty cozy.

We also found a gorgeous little collar marked from $9 down to $2.50 for Suki that looks very stylish on her.

But the deal of the day had to be the 100% biodegradable poop bags that I typically spend $10 for a 6 pack of rolls. They were $2.99 so I bought up all 5 packages. With as much time as we spend at the park or taking walks, you can never have too many of these. There was a good quality airplane doggy carry-on bag that was nice for $15, but it was a bit too small for ratties. Oh well.

The problem is that all of these deals are addicting for a bargain hunter, so watch out. But if you have a little time to spare while you're out running errands, consider checking this place out.

No comments: