Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Smudge is coming into his own

Smudge is just your typical happy-go-lucky little puppy and he's finally won over the affections of our family dog, Frodo. Today they romped and played so much that I was worried it might be too much activity for Smudge's injured leg, so I put him back in his crate for a little time out.

He still hasn't had any accidents in his crate, which is a great sign. There was an accident in the house, but he did go to the door and use the small rectangular rug, which leads me to believe that his previous family might have been paper training him. I caught him mid squat though, so I 'm going to look at it as a teaching moment for him rather than an accident on the entry rug. :)

The photo above is of Frodo and Smudge, when Frodo first decided that Smudge might need some checking out.

No comments: